Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Alterations and Repairs

I am now offering an alterations and clothing repairs service. I am still developing my price list, but it often varies upon the specific job.

Hem                                         $10
Replace Zipper                         $12
Shorten Sleeves                        $7
Take in Blouse                          $7
Take in Dress                           $10
Take in Pants                           $8
Replace button                        $3
Repair rip or tear                     $5-15 price depends upon the extent of damage.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

So here is my latest adventure... Aprons!

I designed the pattern myself when I saw an adorable apron that was a little more than I wanted to pay. I said to myself, "I could make that!" So I have. And I thought, maybe someone else might enjoy them too. So I am making them in all different prints to sell. The best part is that when you wear it, it looks almost like you are wearing a cute sundress rather than an apron :)

Full length apron: $25
Short apron: $15

Coming soon.... More prints:
and eco-friendly market bags made from recycled paper fabric. Cool!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010


So, I think that I have finally figured out how to post this pattern, now that it is summer and no longer the season for soft, warm hats. I designed the pattern because I made a knitter's blunder and chose the yarn before the pattern, then I could not find a pattern for which I knew I could use this yarn to make a hat. So here is a pattern for a hat made with a sport weight yarn, more specifically the very soft, lion brand micro spun acrylic.

Mission Hat

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am hoping that by creating a blog I will be able to share the knitting pattern I have recently written. I don't know if anyone will ever read what I post here, but it seems like a nice idea to have a place where I can share some of my ideas and thoughts even if it is only for me. I was recently asked to make a hat for my brother in law who has been going through chemo and has lost all his hair. I went to Joann's and picked the yarn that felt the best, but then had a hard time finding a pattern I could use with it. I sort of improvised and was able to make a hat that fit his needs, but when I wanted to make another one using the same yarn for an auction to raise money for the mission team at my church, I decided to write a pattern so that if another person had the same problem, it would be available and if someone asks me to make another one I will know how to do it. I must say that I am very pleased with the way it turned out and would love to make several more using the same pattern and yarn. It only took me about three days to finish it since I was trying to hurry, but I think even if I were not pushing a deadline, it could easily be done in less than a week. Now lets see if I can figure out how to post it......