Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am hoping that by creating a blog I will be able to share the knitting pattern I have recently written. I don't know if anyone will ever read what I post here, but it seems like a nice idea to have a place where I can share some of my ideas and thoughts even if it is only for me. I was recently asked to make a hat for my brother in law who has been going through chemo and has lost all his hair. I went to Joann's and picked the yarn that felt the best, but then had a hard time finding a pattern I could use with it. I sort of improvised and was able to make a hat that fit his needs, but when I wanted to make another one using the same yarn for an auction to raise money for the mission team at my church, I decided to write a pattern so that if another person had the same problem, it would be available and if someone asks me to make another one I will know how to do it. I must say that I am very pleased with the way it turned out and would love to make several more using the same pattern and yarn. It only took me about three days to finish it since I was trying to hurry, but I think even if I were not pushing a deadline, it could easily be done in less than a week. Now lets see if I can figure out how to post it......

1 comment: